the big picture

watched an episode of grey's anatomy last night where the theme was "seeing the big picture". so just for fun, i want to paint a picture of what my "ideal life" will look like in 6 years. why 6? i have no idea. maybe cause i like the sound of  34. not too old, not too young. so here goes. and i am holding nothing back. i am painting this picture as i want it. i don't care if it's un-realistic. i don't care if i won't have exactly this in reality. this is my "big picture"....

God: I have an amazing relationship with God. I have come to understand that He is my rock and the only thing I can truly count on. He is my shelter, my provider, my protector. I am active, with my husband, in our church and I sing on the praise band. I miss doing that....

My husband: I have one. :o) And he is strong and stable and a man of God. He respects me and appreciates me for the mazing wife I am. :o) Cause I will be.

My kids: I have one, and maybe one on the way. Or maybe just the thought of one on the way. And they are both boys. One is named William, the other will be named Oliver. Why? Because my grandpa, William Oliver Bales, is one of the few men in my life who has NEVER let me down. He is the most wonderful man and his spirit and character and life I want passed to my boys. Middle names are still up for discussion :o)

My House: It's out in the country. Not too far out, just on the out-skirts. There's fresh cut green grass, nice trees and a wrap around porch. On my porch I have rocking chairs and a small table with two chairs. Thats where I sit every morning or night and have my coffee. At night my husband and I sit out there and talk about our life and our future.
The interior of my home is beautiful. It's warm, welcoming, inviting. I have a fire place and candles. I have a fire place in my kitchen too. I have always wanted that! It always smells good in my house and Brutus is STILL following me everywhere I go ( he will be 8 by then). My home has plenty of room for guests and extras to make everyone feel at home.

My job: I'm a nurse. Not sure what kind yet, but I'm a nurse. I only work part-time because my family is my life. They are #1. I will work outside of this country at some point. I will take the gifts and talents I have and I will give back to those less fortunate. I want to go on mission trips. 

Extras: I will write. In what capacity I'm not sure, but I will write. Maybe books. Maybe magazine articles, maybe just blogs. And Yoga. I will take Yoga. Even if it's at 5 am cause I have no other time to do it, I will make time for it. I will do things with my family that will last. We will go on hikes, go camping, have bon-fires in our back yard, swim in a lake, play in the rain, sing on the front porch, pop popcorn and drive around the "city" looking at Christmas lights (thanks mom!). We will volunteer together, so we can understand and appreciate how blessed we are. 

hmmmm....sounds perfect. 

we'll see. time will tell what the real plan is for me. in the mean time it's fun to dream.





Comments

  1. I love this dream :-)

    your grandpa will be so proud to have great grandkids named after him..he is an amazing guy huh?

    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I let you down :(.... Love you, God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anya Sattely! Tonight I've read some of your old blog and I've cried as I've read them. Reading this one I had to comment. How amazing is our God!? You have been through some terrible times, but God has blessed you. He has pretty much fulfilled your dream. So happy for you as you pursue your writing. :))
    With lots of love,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts