Happy Easter!!


I cannot believe it has been two weeks since Benjamin came into our lives. More so, I cannot believe how much he has changed our lives in those two short weeks he has been with us! He is simply amazing and I am so blessed to be his mommy!

We had an eventful couple of weeks with both friends and family visiting. Everyone has been so helpful and supportive and has really helped make the transition into parenthood an easy one. I think one of the most amazing things I have seen happen in these two weeks is the teamwork and partnership my husband and I have developed. I always knew we worked well together but we were warned by so many people that the stress of having a new baby, and the emotional roller coaster of labor and delivery would put tension on our relationship and challenge us as new parents. I can now happily say that I disagree whole heartedly. I have never seen us work better together, support and encourage each other more and I cannot imagine doing this with anyone but him. Even when things got tough (the final stage of labor, breast feedings that were so painful all I could do was cry through them), Robert was there to help me through it and lift me up, reminding me of what an amazing job I was doing and how proud he was of me. I honestly couldn't have gotten through these first few weeks so smoothly and happily without my husband. Both of these men in my life simply amaze me everyday and I am so thankful for them.

Benjamin is growing so fast I can hardly believe it! I feel like everyday he changes a little more and does something I have never seen him do. Watching him grow and change daily is such a wonder to me. He is so curious and just so interested in his surroundings. When he is awake he's so alert and really responds to his environment. I love that in a room of visitors he can pick out mine and Robert's voice, smell and touch. It's such an amazing feeling to know just what to do to comfort him and meet his needs. I've learned how to calm him when he is upset and how to hold him just right to ease him to sleep. Learning things about him makes everyday an adventure that I look forward to every single morning. I never knew motherhood would feel like this and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Even at 3am ;o)...

Another really neat thing has been watching my parents become really awesome grandparents! My mom is so in love with him and the excitement she has when she is around him is so contagious! She is so happy and her energy just radiates. My dad is wonderful with him as well. He sings to him and Ben just adores it! He stares at his grandpa Fred with his great big eyes, just taking in everything he hears. I think Ben will have a great relationship with his grandparents. I know he will learn so much from them and it makes me happy that Ben can bring them so much joy and happiness as well.

Today concluded a weekend full of visitors and we celebrated Easter Service and Easter dinner with my family. Daddy went back to work tonight so I really feel like things will start to settle into a more routine schedule. I'm learning a lot about how to manage my time (and sleep) and how to adjust to a life that is not all about me and my schedule anymore ;o). There may be nights that are longer than others, and days that I don't get a shower until 1pm, but like I said, I wouldn't trade this for the world. My family is such a gift to me and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for us. I'm not sure I could feel anymore blessed than I already do!





Comments

Popular Posts