Let me just say something about this....

I know there are a lot of modern conveniences that truly improve our quality of life. They save us time, energy, money, ect. Some of these conveniences are major; automatic doors when your hands are full of groceries, or keyless entry when it's pouring down rain. Then there are the not so major ones, like the "add 30 seconds" button on the microwave, or the electric pencil sharpener. I mean, come on, we could live without these, right? So with all of these new, fancy, make-life-easier, save me three tenths of a second modern conveniences... one would normally find no room to complain, right? I mean, they are designed to make our lives better after all.

Let me just say this...not all fancy "automatic" creations put us at ease or make our days run smoother. Some, and one in particular, actually do the opposite. It annoys, irritates, and when in the wrong mood, can even infuriate! What am I talking about? What could be such a troublesome modern universal convenience that I find the need to write about it? Let me tell you...

AUTOMATIC TOILET FLUSHERS! 

Good Lord... who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to flush when there was ANY kind of motion on a toilet? I mean really, think about it; last time you were on the toilet, were you perfectly still until it was time to get up? Did you not first cover the seat with a toilet cover, only to turn around and find that the motion of your turn FLUSHED your toilet seat cover down? You have to grab the hand rail on your way down to prevent hitting the tainted toilet seat that is no longer covered, while avoiding being splashed bare ass with nasty toilet water. I think it's safe to say that if we manage to actually make it to the seat without it flushing first, that most of us make some kind of move before we are completely finished. For once I would like to reach for some toilet paper without having to leap off the seat, trying to avoid being given an unwanted bidet!

Does it really take that much effort to reach around and actually push a handle down when you are done? Are we that lazy that a auto sensor now decides when we done on the toilet? I'm over it! If you are a contractor reading this, please take note....

Spare us all an unwanted aggravation and let us decided when our shit hits the drain!

Comments

  1. god girl you have me laughing so hard because I have been there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT. COULD NOT HELP RELATING THIS TO SOME OF ERMA BOMBECK'S WRITING. YOU GO GIRL, MOMAW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all over the office I work at. The plus side is that it includes a little "manual override" button. The only reason I can think of having one of those pieces of crap (forgive the pun) installed is to somehow save the company money. So, every time I get up, I push the little button again as my own little form of civil disobedience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is a clean public bathroom here in chicago that i frequent from time to time. i have found that if you put enought tp over the sensor, you can deactivate the f king thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. at least we don't have outhouses anymore

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot stop laughing. Here I am at work and should be working but I am crackin gup so loud!! Love it!! Candy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts