Changes

It's amazing how set in your ways you can get when something in your life becomes so routine. I'm sad to admit that that is one reason why I quit Facebook. Not only was it a routine, but it was almost like an obsession. I would check it countless times a day, and not for anything important, just to see what was "going on". I found myself thinking lately, can I do without knowing every waking minute of peoples lives? And the answer was yes. It really wasn't getting me anywhere to be informed of what people were doing 24/7. And for the people who I do really want to be connected with, I thought, there has to be a more personal way of keeping in touch.

Now that I have canceled my account, it makes me realize exactly how much time I spent on the computer on a daily basis. Last night I was laying in bed and I thought, "Wow, what can I do before I go to sleep"? And it occured to me, read a book! Start writing again! Get caught up on the magazines I subscribe to! I have SO much more free time now, and frankly, thats a little embarrassing to admit. Either way I am going to embrace this new found "extra time" and get caught up on things I let slip behind. I have books to read, things to write about, walks to take, more time for exercise and hobbies. I hope to be writing a lot more. I missed that.

For now my main focus is the wedding and my new marriage in a couple of weeks. I cant wait to start this chapter of my life and what a blessing I have found in Rob. Im so excited and I want to soak up every minute of planning and enjoy every moment of our special day. I cant wait to be Mrs. Sattely!

Comments

Popular Posts