Square Diamonds

I honestly do not think I can put into words the feeling I am having right now. I'm writing this blog through streams of tears and shaking hands, so bear with me.

Tonight as I was packing up some of my stuff, getting it ready for my move home, I had the task of opening and re-organzing some of Michaels things. I have not opened his box of stuff in a long time, so I had forgotten what was in there. As I came to the bottom of the box, there was a bag of clothes and wrapped around it was a prayer blanket. As I was removing the prayer blanket, and reaching for the bag of clothes, I noticed something fall out of the bag. It was Michaels wallet. I had no idea it was in there.


Back up a few years...we are now in 2005. One night Michael was sitting in the hospital and we were talking about random things. I can't remember if we were dating at this point or just friends, either way, that is irrelevant. I said something about liking square diamonds. He told me he was going to remember that, and that one day it would come in handy. I laughed and said, "yeah right". I vividly remember that conversation for some reason.


As I opened Michaels wallet the song "Praise You in the Storm" came on my computer and it was just too much for me to handle. When I saw his picture and his signature on his drivers license, I just began to sob. I cried and cried and cried. He had his Medicaid card, his SS card, his UPS insurance card, and his drivers linense in there. And one dollar. As I sat there crying, looking through his wallet, I found a piece of paper folded up into a tiny little square. The paper had water damage and was so old I could barely open it. When I was finally able to carefully unfold it , it said, in my husbands handwriting....

"square diamonds"

Comments

  1. I love you. Hurry home.

    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anya ~
    I can not begin to imagine what you go through on a daily basis, but you were truely blessed to have been married to such an amazing man!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts