For my husband

My dear Michael,
It has been almost one year since you left. It amazes me how fast this year went by, and yet, I would never want to relive one minute of it. You know that you were my all. You were my everything. The day I married you we became one and when you died, part of me died too.

You left such a beautiful legacy Michael. Your life has touched so many people in ways that you will never know. You inspire, you give hope, you still give love. More than anything, you taught me how to live my life, how to take this journey as it comes, and how to never ever give up. Because of you Michael, I have learned how to carry on, even if it has to be without you.

I know you are looking down at all of us right now. You can see how bitter sweet this month will be. We are so excited to have your CD. Finished and ready to go. But as we approach the one year mark of your death, with that comes a wave of sadness and emptiness. I have never felt your presence more than I did today, and yet have never been as lonely as I was today. Hearing your music and reading your words makes me miss you more than ever. I just want to talk to you. Just one more time.

I know you feel no more pain. You have no more sickness in your body. You can run and jump and play basketball. All the things you loved to do, but were taken from you here on earth. It makes me happy to know that you feel no sadness, you feel no anger. You only have joy and love. To me, that is a beautiful and comforting thought. Thats what helps me get through days like today.

I love you Michael. I am so honored and priveleged to have been chosen to be your wife. I would not trade a single moment I shared with you for anything. All of the fun we had. The days of high school inocense, the trails we went through as we entered adulthood, the hopes and dreams we shared on our wedding night, and the nights we just layed on the couch in the candlelight, never needing to say a word, because the love between us was stronger than any word could express. Through it all our love never faded. Our love never died. And it never will. You will forever be my soulmate. I know that you will watch over me always, and guide my steps though my days on earth without you.

I love you. And I miss you.
Your wife

Comments

Popular Posts