Columbus 1/2 marathon update

Hey gang!

Yikes! A little scary there for a minute. After a 7 mile run about a month ago, I had a nasty knee injury that took about two weeks to recover from. As soon as I recovered, as most of you know, I got the worlds worst viral infection that literally kicked my butt. Long story short, 3 weeks of not running scared me a little! Wasn't sure I was going to be ready for October 19!

Either way... I'm back!! I am working my way back up and with a lot of hard work and prayer I will be able to complete the race on October 19. I am no longer worried about time because my pace has significantly slowed down as I have to go easy on the knee. I just want to run it and finish it!!

I am still taking donations for Nate Thomas, a very dear friend who is fighting T-Cell Lymphoma. Through texting, visiting, and emailing Nate, I have gained so much respect for this kid. He is 16 years old and stronger than anyone I know. In times I have caught myself in a "feeling sorry for myself" attitude, I have thought of Nate and what he is facing. I am blessed. I am healthy. Nate has been a reminder to me lately that no matter what the circumstance is, you have to fight, you have to be strong, you have to PUSH your way through. That is the reason I started running again, and am more determined than ever to complete this race. He has been my inspiration. And he will never know how his random text messages or emails have made me laugh, made me get off my butt and run, and made me realize how grateful I am for my life and my health. Interesting how God uses people.

Please consider making a donation to Nate through this 1/2 marathon. Nate and his family will be there at the end, and I can not wait to see them at the finish line! If you plan on coming down to support me/ or meet Nate (BOTH PLEASE! :o)), PLEASE take a look at the link below. There are over 10,000 participants this year, so once the Thomas' and I have picked a final meeting place, I will let you all know.

I will be wearing a STUPID CANCER shirt throughout the race. I want to bring awareness to the organization I volunteer for here in central Ohio. We focus on young adults cancer patients and survivors. Getting the word out there on the support needed and challenges young adults face is crucial. My fellow STUPID CANCER leaders will also be at the race helping me get our cause out there.

Please see the links below for more race day info. You can stand at ANY sideline along the race and cheer me on. I encourage you to make signs, posters, whatever ( STUPID CANCER, WE LOVE YOU NATE, NATE THOMAS "BEAT" CANCER, ect).... This is not about me... its about getting awareness out there and supporting an amazing kid who has been an inspiration in my life and the lives of countless others!

You can send donations to Nate at:
Anya Kohn
1620 Broadview Ave
Columbus, OH 43212 (please send soon, I want to get to the bank before the 19th)

http://www.columbusmarathon.com/race-information/spectators
www.imtooyoungforthis.org

--
Anya N. Kohn-Minton

"Measure your life in Love"

Comments

Popular Posts