October Madness

Just wanted to share a few highlights and exciting things from the month of October. First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my amazing husband! We celebrated low-key this year since Rob had to work. Ben helped me make a cake (I think he ate more frosting and sprinkles than he actually helped put on but whatever… we had fun!) I have found that the more I involve Ben in "working" type of activities, the more I'm beginning to see him take pride in his accomplishments and in helping us. More mess? Yes! But oh, so worth it for that goofy lil' grin of his.

He has also started potty training! Exciting! I have seen Ben and Molly grow in so many ways over the past few months. They have started to play together and interact more. Ben makes Molly laugh all the time and I LOVE that sound! I adore these two kids so much!


October of course is filled with pumpkins, hayrides and bonfires! We went to our local pumpkin patch again this year and let me just say this….. While we have the pictures, made the memories and scored the perfect pumpkins, this was NOT our year for pumpkin picking. The pictures tell a totally different story than the reality of that day. Mr. B was in a MOOD and he was NOT feelin' much of anything unless it was on his agenda! We had several mid-patch melt downs and a full on tantrum when we left. Good times! I would say that this was a very "typical two-year-old" experience! Regardless, Molly had fun as always and we got some sweet pictures!










One of the most EXCITING things about this month is that one of my best friends and her family moved back to Ohio from Phoenix, Arizona. I am simply amazed at how quickly our sons have bonded and become best buddies. They are only 7 months apart in age and I have never, ever seen Ben interact with another child the way he does with Ethan. They are so silly and so fun to watch. Brad's (Sarah's husband) dad lives down here in Logan so they invited us out to their house for their fall bonfire and the boys had a great time running around (getting into EVERYTHING) and playing in the tractor! The following weekend they got to trick-or-treat together. 


Mr. B wasn't quite into trick-or-treat this year. He really does have quite the personality and he likes things on his terms. (I have NO idea where he got that from!) Ha! We got a few pictures of the kids before they went out though and this picture of Mr. B and Molly pretty much says it all! 

Molly of course was lil' miss happy as usual. She looked adorable. I just love this sweet girl!


Love this family and love this time of year! Happy fall! 







Comments

Popular Posts