No sugar... Day 1


Today I'm doing a soft start to quitting sugar. I will describe why I'm choosing to do this in a later post but for now I will simply chronicle my experience. The first 3-4 days are the toughest, especially when you consume as much sugar a I do. Studies have shown that sugar is just as addictive as cocaine. Breaking the sugar habit will cause withdraw symptoms and last time I did this it was manifested as migraine headaches and the shakes.

It's 1:13 pm and I'm experiencing my first craving. I just finished lunch and I usually head for a piece of candy or a cookie after a meal. I want a piece of chocolate so bad right now. Luckily I have some strawberries on hand so I will opt for those instead.

One thing that I will say about choosing to eat healthy is having everything prepped and ready is key. We spent about an hour and half last night prepping a giant bowl of ready-to-eat salad mix, carrot sticks, green and sweet pepper sticks and a bowl of assorted berries. Having this food already prepared made today's lunch about a 10 minute process. We threw some salmon on the George Foreman and made salmon salads with fresh peppers, garden tomatoes and avocado. It was so good and I'm STUFFED!

Here's to day one of no sugar! Will power, please!! If you are doing this, too... throw out some encouragement and support!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod Touch

Comments

Popular Posts