Seasons of Change

Ben and his friend Olive!
Rob and I (and our friend Mikie!) for my 31st birthday!




Ha! It's amazing to me when I look at these pictures! I can not believe how much my baby boy has changed and grown in the six months since we were blessed with his arrival. It absolutely fascinates me to see his little (or should I say, BIG) personality begining to show. We have reached quite a few milestones in the past week and I wanted to be sure to document them. As you can see, we are sitting up now!! Well, almost! We are still working on balance and "excitement" tipping! He gets SO excited and starts wiggling his whole body and of course... boom! We usually set the boppy around him for support and that is helping cusion the "tip". ;o)
We have also started baby food! We have been doing cereal for about 2 months now but we recently added peas (which he LOVES!!!), applesauce and this week are introducing pears. He very much enjoys eating and wants to eat whatever we are eating as well! I try to share some of my plate with him, but obviously it depends on mashability and the content. Haha... no pizza or chicken wings, Ben. Sorry!
There has been a HUGE change in bed time success. It was my least favorite part of the day but we seem to have established a healthy routine in which mommy and baby are stress free and happy! We have a regular routine now every night and it seems to work well for us. Our routine soothes and calms him before bed and gives us both a chance to enjoy some quiet, bonding time.
Rob and I are doing well. I started the RN portion of schooling and I will be quite busy for the next 9 months. Rob is still working full-time at the hospital and doing an amazing job supporting our family and providing for us. He is also taking a part-time class. I am so greatful to that man for allowing me to focus on school and our family and not have to worry about working. It is such a blessing.
Life is good :o) I will hopefully be posting pictures and updates more offten, but we will see how that works out!

Comments

Popular Posts