"Let it Rain"- For anyone who has experienced loss

My heart is heavy tonight thinking of those I love who have suffered loss. It doesn't matter if it was a spouse, a parent, a child, a friend... losing someone hurts. Sometimes we just have to let it all out. I was reading through my blog tonight and found this post from 2007. Fitting for what is on my heart tonight, I decided to repost.

"Let It Rain"- April 11, 2007

i stood outside on my back patio tonight and let it all out. no more being strong, no holding back...just screaming....yelling...crying....frustration, anger, sadness, loneliness. i fell to the ground and let it all out. as the clouds rolled quickly overhead, the wind began to grow stronger. the lightening in the distance became closer, the thunder grew louder. all of the sudden the sky opened up and the rain fell like the tears from my face. the harder i cried, the harder it rained. and as the rain turned to hail, i knew it was time to seek shelter.

i came into the house and sat in the dark and watched as the storm passed over. with every crack of lightening and crash of thunder i felt the release of emotion from my body. the storm lasted for a small time, allowing me to pray through my own personal storm.

I know there will be times of angry thunder, tears of sadness like rain, flashes of memories like lightening...but with every storm...there will be calm after the rain. a peace that in time everything will be as it should be. there will be sunshine, blue skies, and the comfort that like every storm...this too shall pass.

Comments

Popular Posts