Week One of GriefShare:

What did you learn about God's interest in comforting you and helping you?

I learned a lot about God's plan for helping me through this. The thing that stuck out the most to me though, is that in order for God to help me trough this, there are some choices that I have to make. I have to chose to want to get better. I have to chose to want to face the pain. I have to make the choice to move on with my life, when I often don't feel like I want to. I have to be willing to see and feel the pain this has caused. And I didn't realize until most recently how deep that pain is. My heart hurts more than I ever realized. And I also realized how hard it is to chose to face that pain. Every week for an hour and a half I go to a group that talks about losing loved ones. They share emotions, feelings, thoughts, angers, fears...and let me say that it's not easy to do this. In fact, it's hard as hell. I can be in the middle of a great day, be in a great mood, and then I willingly have to choose to face one of the most painful situations I have ever been in. But thats the thing I learned. If I am willing to do my part, and be disciplined to face my pain....God has a beautiful plan for me, an interest in comforting and healing me of this pain. It's not going to be easy. In fact, it's going to suck. But at least I can say I faced it, and I made it.

Comments

Popular Posts