6 Weeks of Magic

I cannot believe my baby boy is 6 weeks old today! Time has flown by and he is getting so big already! Everyday he amazes me with something new. Being his mommy has been so rewarding and has completely changed my life.

This past week he has started smiling in response to us and I LOVE it! I cried the first time he smiled! He heard Rob's voice, lifted his little neck and turned his head towards Rob and just got this HUGE smile on his face! It was beautiful! He has also started "talking" to us with little coos and squeels. Its just about the most precious thing I have ever seen. His little neck is getting stronger everyday and I dont think it will be long before he can hold it up on his own.

He weighs 9lbs 12oz now and is growing out of his newborn clothes quickly! He is currently battling a little bit of "baby acne", poor little guy. It looks like it hurts so bad but we were reassured by the pediatrician that its completely normal and doesn't hurt him at all. Eventually it will just go away on its own.

He loves to look at lights and is quite the little explorer! He is very observant and when he is awake he is so alert and attentive to his surroundings. He LOVES his daddy so much and likes to mimick the silly faces and "clicking" sounds that daddy makes. He loves being in his Baby Bjorn with mommy and usually slowly falls asleep in it.

My son amazes me everyday and I dont want to forget a thing! I know how fast it's going to go by and although there are worries and sleepless nights, I wouldn't trade this time for anything. He brings us so much joy and completes our family. I love you, Benjamin... :o)

Below are pictures of Daddy and Ben chillin' in the Papa chair, Mommy and Ben making cupcakes and Ben and his little friend George! And of course Ben's precious little smile. Happy 6 weeks, baby!




Comments

  1. I'm so glad you're writing. Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, sweet, sweet! Thanks for sharing, and keep the pix coming!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts