This Week

Holy Cow... it has been a long time since I have blogged so I figured it was at least time for an update.

As most of you know I have become very involved and active in the [i2y] community. (www.imtooyoungforthis.org) We had a very successful Columbus kick-off party at The Lodge Bar on Halloween night. We are in the process of planning more events and support programs for 2009. I had a meeting with the President of MMORE.org this week to talk about joining forces with them to help with a HUGE gala they are having in March. The gala is being held at the Polaris Hilton and is benefiting The James Cancer Hospital. I am so excited to start work on this project and to learn more about how [i2y] can create a similar event, but with a little more "young adult edge!"

I also attended my volunteer training at Riverside Hospital this week. I will be volunteering at the hospital about once a week. I'm not sure what unit I will be assigned yet, but I know I will be working on patient floors. It's an AMAZING facility and a great place to consider for future employment. Speaking of.......

For those of you who do not know, for the last four months I have been applying to nursing schools around central Ohio. After lots of thought, hard work, and consideration, I have decided on and been accepted to Hocking College. And tonight.... I went down for new student registration and it's official! I start Jan. 5, 2009! I have my student ID, my class schedule and even a Hocking College sweatshirt! (Haha.. you know that makes it official) I am SO excited and so proud of myself for getting past my fears and doing what I want to do. It will be a long process, probably about 3 years of schooling, but thats fine. I have nothing but time. One of my favorite quotes, and I will sum it up with this, is...

"It's never too late to be who you might have been". 

And with that.. goodnight! Although a week of accomplishment, I am officially EXHAUSTED :o)

Comments

  1. Oh, Anya...how wonderful! You know that I understand how much energy & effort it takes to continue to be involved -- and also the rewards that come from it!

    I'm so excited for you that you have found your calling and are going after it despite how challenging it is. You are truly honoring your Michael's memory through living your life to the fullest (while also being of service to others!)

    Love,
    Sarah
    (fellow surviving spouse of her own Michael)
    www.sarahwenstrand.org

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts