let it rain!

i stood outside on my back patio tonight and let it all out. no more being strong, no holding back...just screaming....yelling...crying....frustration, anger, sadness, loneliness. i fell to the ground and let it all out. as the clouds rolled quickly overhead, the wind began to grow stronger. the lightening in the distance became closer, the thunder grew louder. all of the sudden the sky opened up and the rain fell like the tears from my face. the harder i cried, the harder it rained. and as the rain turned to hail, i knew it was time to seek shelter.

i came into the house and sat in the dark and watched as the storm passed over. with every crack of lightening and crash of thunder i felt the release of emotion from my body. the storm lasted for a small time, allowing me to pray through my own personal storm.

I know there will be times of angry thunder, tears of sadness like rain, flashes of memories like lightening...but with every storm...there will be calm after the rain. a peace that in time everything will be as it should be. there will be sunshine, blue skies, and the comfort that like every storm...this too shall pass.

Comments

  1. Anya my heart breaks for you. I wish I had the words to comfot you. You are such a strong and special person! I am here for you, if you need anything, someone to talk to, someone to cry with, someone to yell out, someone to have coffee,or any type of drink ;) with. You are so special to me, such an encourgment to me. I pray God will comfort you in your time of need. Just remember who you are and to take the time you need to grieve and heal. Your name sake.... little Anya sends you her love as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anya, I so totally know where you're coming from here... Not the exact same situation--I don't pretend to know how it feels to lose your beloved--but I do get the need to scream and rage and let it all out once in a while. Thanks for capturing the feeling in words in a way that makes you and by extension me sound like we're dealing with emotions in a positive way rather than going legally insane.

    lol! andrea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts